Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Continuing Progress | Building Our Forever Home in the Great NW

Although the plumber begged off today due to a family emergency, work still progressed along.  Bob the plumber had arranged for someone to start at 4:30 and work till all the required drilling was complete. The roofers got most of the roof felt on and all of the roofing materials were in place on the roof. That was yesterday…

Today, the roofers started late but they got the entire back roof completed and had moved on to the garage roof when I arrived at 4:30. It was the only work that was done today but it was significant!  I'm really liking the Driftwood color we chose — the shingles look pretty defined/architectural compared to the same brand in the Onyx black color. I'm pleased and the job came in over $2000 below budget!

Tomorrow morning Wayne will go to the Home Depot to pick up the Master Bathroom whirlpool tub; he and Bob will offload it and get it positioned first thing. I'm scheduled to go over at 9 a.m. to deliver all of the rough in materials I've purchased. I may have to get additional mixing valves that will limit the high temperature of water in adherence to local codes. I know I have anti-scald valves on several of the plumbing fixtures but the others are pressure balancing valves — not sure what that will mean. Probably more expense… I'll know tomorrow.

The exterior doors are supposed to be delivered tomorrow and the framers should be there in the afternoon to install them. They'll then move on to building the deck structure off the great room.  Yippy skippy!

Wayne went back and re-measured the new kitchen wall so I could lock down my new revised cabinet order. The outside wall was moved a foot and the pantry in the corner was expanded to allow enough room for trim around the door. Taking the 1/2″ drywall that will be present at both ends of the run, I'm left with 109″. That leaves a very nicely sized pantry and the right amount of space for the cabinet run: 18-36-18-33 plus 4″ of fillers. Can't hardly ask for better. Wayne also projected that we'll need the cabinets around July 15 so I've communicated that to Patty Green, my designer at cliqstudios.com. She's been an absolute gem, revising my plans, making valuable suggestions for various ways to handle our needs in the space we have! When the cabinets live up to their promise, I'm going to be one happy camper! Email Print Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment