Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hell Week Day 2 « Sure I'll Try That…

Greetings!

Day 2 almost done, and it definitely had its ups and mostly downs.  It has been a little over 47 hours without sleep (since 12AM Monday morning) and I did fine up until roughly 5AM this morning.  I couldn't sit w/o closing my eyes, so I walked around my dorm and around campus until about 8AM.  Here are some bullet points for the rest of the day's events:

8:30AM- first cold shower to stay awake

10AM- run

12:30PM- second cold shower to stay awake

2-4:00PM-ish-  work (peer advising) kept me up… interactions with students keep you awake

4-5PM- felt like death.  I almost fell asleep on the phone.  Uber hungry and slight lightheadedness.

5-6PM- learned to dance better/hipper via youtube videos; still awake

6-8PM- more work.  lots of water, and lots and lots of bathroom breaks.

9PM-ish- had to walk/run around for fear of sleeping at my desk

10PM- broke fast by going to Fleetwood dinner with a friend.  2 big veggie omelets later and I was re-energized!

I probably shouldn't complain about not sleeping, this guy has me beat…

I envision lots of walking/running/exercising for the next 24 hours to get me to my goal of goal of not sleeping for 3 days.  I know the next wee hours of the night/morning will be hard.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment