Friday, May 13, 2011

Making Challah | No Time for a Title

This post was originally a gallery I put together on Facebook to show the process of making challah to my friends. Now, I share it with the greater internet! A few notes before we start: The entire process takes about 4 hours. So be sure to block off enough time to work. This pictorial uses old pictures from late 2009. My techniques have evolved somewhat since then. I'll probably do an updated pictorial at some later date, maybe to show braiding techniques. But for now, enjoy!
The first step is to gather all the ingredients together. Having everything ready and measured out before you begin really makes a big difference.  The French call this "mise en place".In this picture I have sugar, salt, oil, yeast, eggs, flour , and water as well as a couple of bowls and a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment