Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5th Freewrite « dunhac

It has been awhile since I have had a tangible crush on someone. Going to high school and then college with my on-again, off-again boyfriend makes it hard to look at other people and develop a crush. This streak ended this semester because I officially, in my mind, ended anything that could, would, should happen with my ex. I then started to see others and appreciate their quirks.

This guy in my senior design class is one of the nicest people I have ever met. No, seriously, nicest guy. He apologizes a lot and is always second guessing himself and his ideas. It's pretty freakin adorable and makes me giggle throughout almost every class. I have not met anyone like him at RPI and certainly not back home. He reminds me of a couple of guys back home that are my closest guy friends, guess that's why I am attracted to him so much.

Telling my friends about this crush was probably the worst idea I have had, one of them being my housemate and fellow senior design member. She has made it her duty to match up us and be my wing-woman. She invited him to my party I held 2 weeks ago for my visiting best friend as well as to the movies tonight. It is only going to be a handful of us and I feel like he will feel awkward since we are a tight group of friends. They all know I like him so I'm praying for no innuendos or anything that gives me away.

I wonder if I should get a frozen coke, or as people up here like to call it a coke slushee. I don't want to have to get up during Thor since I bet my friends will conspire for him and me to sit together. I don't want to seem like a pig by getting that and a thing of candy from the CVS store a floor below the theaters.

If any of my friends step over the line I have to insult them. Maybe "Your mother is a raspberry filling!!" will do the trick, probably not. Guess I will have to deal being red faced and embarrassed the whole night. Oh so nervous…

No comments:

Post a Comment