Thursday, May 12, 2011

Suffering « Product of Self-Disclosure


There is so much suffering in the world.

I "suffered" insomnia last night and had a hard time waking up. But when I did, my friend called me sobbing because her abusive boyfriend made a suicide attempt in front of her and I think it was to punish her. The guest speaker in class today was a male victim of domestic violence. I thought of my absent friend and wished I could cry.

The lunch seminar today was on human trafficking in Thailand and here at home. They kept the discussion serious, but not painful. But I did finally cry on the way home hearing about the biggest deportation raid in the US and the terrifying, degrading, and humiliating experiences of those illegal immigrants from Guatemala.

So much suffering.

I still managed to be productive somehow. To celebrate his birthday, I have prepared sexy pictures and two of the nicer poems I wrote Monday in my fit of angst. I went through the motions all morning, took a nap in the afternoon, and then proceeded to get stuff done on a school computer.

I was lethargic. I didn't eat dinner. My toes were frozen. I couldn't summon the will to do my workout.

But I'm just thankful to be going to bed. Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment