Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sunny with a chance of sunburn… « ChapmansRus

Gorgeously beautiful day today! The sun is shining, the breeze is ever so slight & I was able to go out & fix my sprinkler system to water everything!

btw ~ I fixed the sprinkler system with nothing but a paperclip. No joke.

I loved having coffee with my cousin this morning too! She called and got me out of bed to meet her for what seems to be our monthly coffee chat. I love this time with her. She's older than I am, so we didn't grow up together… her dad is the oldest & my dad was number five… Anyway, we both live in the same town & her youngest is Andrew's age. We both seem to be blunt women and she makes me laugh when she says exactly what I was just thinking… she's petite where I'm large but, when we're together, my size is the last thing on my mind. Usually around tiny, petite women I am more self conscience about my size… but with her.. not so much.

Spent a part of the morning outside planting vegetables. Planted some onions, yellow squash & a winter squash. My strawberries are coming along nicely & raspberries are about to bloom. My apple trees have already blossomed & if you look at them closely, you can see teeny, tiny apples! I also have some volunteer tomato plants coming up from last year, so I may not plant any new ones this year… Last November I let our pumpkins rot in my garden patch… so I now have pumpkin starts too! Last year I had planted sun flowers too & have several new ones coming up along the backside of the house.. I love this time of year!

So I got a little burnt while I was out there & my skin is itchy, so I'm off to go dig out the aloe care stuff..

Hope your day is as blessed!!

Carol~

No comments:

Post a Comment