Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Race, proud mom

Buddybug ran his first official Half-marathon yesterday! That's him, on the end in the yellow shirt, green cap, number 142.
Yup, it was the Holy Half up at ND and he had a lot of fun running with his buddies.He did well, a steady pace of eight minute miles, 1:43.
** Official Race Result Update (because we care about this sort of thing): 1:43:15, pace 7:53, place 142 out of 600. ** {Hey, I'm impressed!}
I think he is built for running...and it's in his genes. His grandfather and uncle are both very good runners.... Grandpa ran long (crazy long sometimes), and Uncle David ran fast (did Boston, and sometimes crazy long). I love running but {when I do it, not lately..ahem} just shuffle and gasp along, so he clearly got this from his uncle.

I'm proud of him for sticking out the training for this; amidst ice snow exams music friends music late nights and the myriad distractions of college life.

It was cold, wet, and snowing...perfect for a spring Sunday run, don't ya think?
Well, not for me, but they seemed to have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment