Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Limbo

Axum Cathedral Fresco, Madonna and Child

Just in: Marta had her Embassy doctor visit who was in touch with the Gladney pediatrician, {who gave her an all clear}, and has the documentation of Marta's series of meds, finished, {and then some}. But the doc wants, and did, a short saliva test, and will know enough by Friday to say "come on" or "not yet." We are booked to leave Saturday, before dawn....but even so....

We wait.
Two days.

We keep acting like we are going, and try to step through the next two days in faith and hope.
We pray, hard, for God's will, and only that, because I obviously am nonfunctional, left to my own devices.

And I beg, shamelessly, for my daughter, for me, for us, for your prayers if you have any mind to do so.
I thank you for the ones you've sent forth and for the support I've received (I am humbled and unspeakably grateful for that), but still...
I beg, I bleg, because even though much of this is about ME, it's hard on me, it's making me cry....It is ever so much more so, about HER, my daughter.....who was at the doctor, who waits to come home.
I beg for your prayers.

Two days....I'm hoping, not sure why it makes me cry, but still, it does.
And all, ALL I can do, is pray.


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother;
to thee do I come, before thee I stand,sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment