Sunday, June 7, 2009

Feast of the Holy Trinity

By El Greco

Today is the feast of the Holy Trinity.
Now this is one of those Mysteries (one of the "Capital M" mysteries...by which I mean, truth that is just too big for our puny brains to fully comprehend): the Trinity.
But for a good piece on it, one that helps me just begin to grasp the concept and why today is worth a pause and thought or two, go here.

All I know is that I am grateful for the Trinity, I believe in the Trinity, because it just makes sense in a way - even though it scrambles my mind at the same time.
But.
Love needs to love Someone and their love is SO much, SO intense, that it creates a whole 'nother being: Love. That's just cool. Again, Fr. Ranier Cantalamessa says it best (being a preacher to the papal household and all):

"In every love there are always three realities or subjects:
one who loves, one who is loved and the love that unites them."
Holy Trinity Icon.
Go love someone and celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment