Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mi Amo A My Emmy....

Happy Happy Bday to my Emmy!
It's Emily's 12th bday today!!


It's a great day for a birthday, in the quieting week between Christmas and New Years, we have one very important day to mark: my sweet Emmy's birthday!


It might be easy for Emmy to feel lost in the shuffle of holiday festing frenzy.  But never, oh never, do we want that to happen...because our Emily's day is the sweet close to the year.  It reminds me, each year, of the goodness of God's abundance and makes me grin at the gift of this sweet wonderful girl!


Our Emily, virtually twinned with her sister Sarah, and yet so very different.  They share a special bond; but are so unique in their own ways. I can't imagine life without either one, but today, is my Em's day so this list is for her.


My Emmy, now you are twelve.
And you are still possibly the most stubborn, strong willed child in my house...though many would like to steal that crown. 

But I'm not sure they can, nor would I want them to. 
Because your strength of will means you will have one of the tools that will help you go far and do whatever you set your mind to do.  
You can set the world on fire, I daresay you will.


You are an animal lover:
Geckos, cats, horses, dogs - most especially jumping dachshund puppies.


You are a lover of sports as well: basketball, swimming, boating, volleyball.
Which works well since you are an impressive athlete.


You love to learn to cook, which works well since  you love to eat.
You have sophisticated taste buds: shrimp, pasta carbonara, toffee, berries, coffee drinks, antipasta salami and olives and cheeses.
Which would work well as you travel the world in your adventures to come....
except that you are a homebody and might be most content to hang out around the house, preferably in flannel pj pants.


You are a terrific friend, loyal and kind with a keen sense of justice.
Which makes middle school a little prickly and painful at times,
and will probably do the same for high school...
but will be a golden toolbox for college and beyond.


You are so smart, but don't always admit it.
YOu will make a most excellent marine biologist one day;
and I will come tour your aquarium and clap with amazement at your work, so proud I could pop.


In the meantime, I watch you growing, so fast, into a young lady.
And I am already so proud I could pop.
So is your pop.
You are good through and through, my Emmy....{despite your moody self sometimes}.


So on this  your birthday, we wish for all your birthday wishes to come true (except for the permanent pet gecko one).
And we want to  make sure you know, for now and for ever, how very much we love  you.


Happy Happy 12th Birthday Emily!
We love you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment