Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Garden

This is what we did last weekend: finished my veggie garden, a kitchen garden!
Coffeedoc made the lovely raised beds from found wood (by which I mean, free! yay!).
My brother and the boys and Coffeedoc all worked hard to put in the edging and fence and pea gravel, in between downpours.
I got to do the fun part: planting and placing my Mary statue to "watch" over the veggies.
(Right then, just to clarify: I don't think the statue is real, it just makes me happy to have and see this little statue in my garden with my veggies and flowers, ok? Good then, happy to clarify further if needed, just email please.)
It's my first 'real' garden, instead of only pots.
It makes me ridiculously happy.
Thanks guys!

{And yeah, I know, Michelle Obama has one now too....
so hey, Michelle, give me a call, just one more thing we can chat about...
kids, TB protocols, organic gardening...it'll be fun!}

No comments:

Post a Comment