Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Not So Wordless Wednesday

Well, it's Wednesday and I was up a fair lot last night, with insomnia. But, oddly, enough, with a newer sense of calm. And so in that spirit I figured I'd put up this pic today. I like it. That's my Buddybug up there with the guitar (squint real hard, or click the pic, you'll see him). This was the Eucharistic Procession up at his college about a week or so ago. It was cool and my boy and one of the music groups he plays in, the Four-Seven Band, were stationed to play at the third altar for the procession. He said it was great. Of course it was. It's always great, to carry Christ out to the world...whether in a reverent official procession, above, or mindfully in our own selves, every day (ideally).

That said, I need to give a particular nod of thanks to Fr. Gideon. Well, really, to all of you faithful generous souls who have been praying.

No. We have no news.

But I have reached a state of some peace and while still very sad that we are not united as a family yet, I am not raging to control the universe or sway God's own mind. Not today at any rate. I'll take a few days off, maybe. {And yeah, I'm sure I'll be right back at it in a day or so...old habits and all.}

My Pastor, Fr. Gideon, has been nudging me, ok, not so subtly, he's been pushing me to accept God's will and that this might well be beyond our control without the spinning twirling whirling dervish of my control buttons gone wild. He continues to point out how much more peaceful and gentle and calm life is when you do.

I know this, intellectually. It's not rocket science. It's not a huge secret.
It's just the doing that is so hard, especially for us type A gals....

He has laughed gently at me, listened to my tears, and prayed for me and us and kindly smiled at me when he saw I was still thrashing about. So. Father Gideon, just so you know: I'm there, for the moment, for today. And you're right, what a surprise, ahem..... I'll take it. Thank you. All.

No comments:

Post a Comment