Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day!

Today was Little Man's first day of Kindergarten. Wow. Already.
He was SO excited, of course. I was too. I knew he'd love it and he is just so ready.
At one point, just before we took the picture above, he was standing in the kitchen, ready to go. Excited, impatient. Then, his eyes kind of widened and his smile faded briefly....."I'm a little nervous," he said. I laughed and smiled and told him, "You're gonna do great!"

And he did.

He got into the car telling me of the important things he did today: met two new friends, the name he could remember was "Sam." The teacher told the kids to use their "inside voice." He played on the big playground: freeze tag, transformers, red rover, regular tag...the good stuff. Then we met Buddybug for a celebratory lunch out. Little Man ordered a cheeseburger and before taking even one bite, fell asleep in my lap in the booth.

A perfect first day at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment