mc68k
Oct 29, 12:40 PM
for now, we'll see what happens in the long term.
Stellarola
Mar 31, 11:23 PM
Heinous. Absolutely hideous.
And I'm a fan of eye candy.
The faux leather is almost as bad as this "Marble" OS X mockup, from back in the day:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3392/3333642840_d905e48e47_o.jpg
I'm calling B.S. on this photo. That image isn't from Apple. Prove me wrong, please.
-Stell
And I'm a fan of eye candy.
The faux leather is almost as bad as this "Marble" OS X mockup, from back in the day:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3392/3333642840_d905e48e47_o.jpg
I'm calling B.S. on this photo. That image isn't from Apple. Prove me wrong, please.
-Stell
Michael Scrip
May 5, 02:16 AM
You have to realize one thing. Without market share, company like Apple can not make profit.
Yeah... you have to sell products to make money... but nothing says you have to have the most market share in order to make money.
Let's say Android gets 35% of the market... and Apple only has 25% of the market...
Apple still can sell 20 million iPhones in a quarter and makes a crap-ton of money doing it. That's what I've been saying all along!
Read my other comments here and elsewhere... I HATE market share arguments. It infuriates me every time there is a headline saying "Android beats Apple" and "Android Grows while Apple Stalls"
It's crazy to compare the two anyway... Apple and Google have completely different business models.
My next phone will be an iPhone... I don't care if Android phones outsell the iPhone 2-to-1
Yeah... you have to sell products to make money... but nothing says you have to have the most market share in order to make money.
Let's say Android gets 35% of the market... and Apple only has 25% of the market...
Apple still can sell 20 million iPhones in a quarter and makes a crap-ton of money doing it. That's what I've been saying all along!
Read my other comments here and elsewhere... I HATE market share arguments. It infuriates me every time there is a headline saying "Android beats Apple" and "Android Grows while Apple Stalls"
It's crazy to compare the two anyway... Apple and Google have completely different business models.
My next phone will be an iPhone... I don't care if Android phones outsell the iPhone 2-to-1
Calbretto
May 3, 08:24 AM
Did Canadian prices actually go down? The 27-inch: 3.1GHz is only $1999, when I think it was $2099 before the refresh.

mduser63
Jul 24, 05:51 PM
The user's manual is available on the FCC website (I think it's linked from tuaw.com). Anyway, according to the user's manual, it's a laser mouse in addition to being wireless.
Mattsasa
Apr 28, 11:25 AM
If apple got their dual-band world phone out a year earlier, for all carriers, it would have made a huge difference!!!! I can't believe apple is delaying the iPhone 5!!!!!!!!!!
I am not apple, so I am probably wrong, but delaying the IPhone 5 seems like the worst business decision ever!!!!!!!!!
The iPhone 5 better be a major upgrade that makes it better than all the other devices out there, and better be on all carriers!!!!
I am not apple, so I am probably wrong, but delaying the IPhone 5 seems like the worst business decision ever!!!!!!!!!
The iPhone 5 better be a major upgrade that makes it better than all the other devices out there, and better be on all carriers!!!!
Rogue.
May 3, 07:36 AM
And the specs?
UK store still down at this time...
So enough of the speculation, and post when you have something worth posting ;)
UK store still down at this time...
So enough of the speculation, and post when you have something worth posting ;)
pdc123
Apr 14, 09:42 AM
Why on earth would this happen? Why would they edit it to include the ix.Mac.MarketingName? I don't understand. Is there any logical explanation? I don't think it is a typo because I don't think Apple is stupid enough to edit it just in order to put a typo in. Weird.
Software has bugs, Apple is no exception. It's most likely a key that should resolve to a value (e.g. maybe the marketing description "iPhone" really comes from a key-value pair labeled "ix.MobileDevice.MarketingName") and due to a bug it's showing the key instead of the value.
Speculating on what the product is makes sense, it's more likely than not that it refers to something. But speculation like "Why on earth would this happen?" "I don't think Apple is stupid enough to" is just headless-chickenry... bugs are bugs, don't read into them.
Software has bugs, Apple is no exception. It's most likely a key that should resolve to a value (e.g. maybe the marketing description "iPhone" really comes from a key-value pair labeled "ix.MobileDevice.MarketingName") and due to a bug it's showing the key instead of the value.
Speculating on what the product is makes sense, it's more likely than not that it refers to something. But speculation like "Why on earth would this happen?" "I don't think Apple is stupid enough to" is just headless-chickenry... bugs are bugs, don't read into them.
Eidorian
Jul 25, 09:56 AM
How rude.:mad:All that I have is Apple Store experience and testing one at work. We did get a Software Update for it but back in 10.4.2 for the wired one.
Hisdem
Apr 10, 06:30 PM
^^ That image is amazing. Simply perfect!
kernkraft
Oct 26, 09:58 PM
I want world peace and everybody in the world be safe, fed and loved.
I'm only kidding. I want my well-deserved anal.
I'm only kidding. I want my well-deserved anal.
EricNau
Jul 24, 03:49 PM
Hopefully with the introduction of this mouse, Apple will reduce the price of the current Mighty Mouse. Considering the MM is Apple's cheapest mouse, $50 is too much IMO.
Following past Apple price trends, the wireless MM should be double the price of the wired version. Unless Apple drops the price of the current mouse, I do not believe there will be a large enough price difference between the wired and wireless models. ...or Apple could charge $100. :rolleyes:
But I won't be buying no matter what the price is. The battery life on my current Apple BT mouse is already bad enough. I'd hate to see the battery life on this mouse.
Following past Apple price trends, the wireless MM should be double the price of the wired version. Unless Apple drops the price of the current mouse, I do not believe there will be a large enough price difference between the wired and wireless models. ...or Apple could charge $100. :rolleyes:
But I won't be buying no matter what the price is. The battery life on my current Apple BT mouse is already bad enough. I'd hate to see the battery life on this mouse.
nilk
Apr 13, 02:29 PM
man how much would this thing cost? the 27" display is already 1000 bucks, and this would have to be at lease 42" for people to put it in their living rooms.
Apple 27" display is 2560x1440 resolution. A 1080P TV is 1920x1080. There is a big difference in cost of the panel. Any 2560x1440 display is going to cost in the ball park that Apple's 27" is in. I paid about $1150 for my Dell U3011 (30" 2560x1600) and I am perfectly happy having paid that for the number of pixels I get. 1080P panels are a lot cheaper due to being easier to manufacturer and the fact that they sell much higher quantities than high-res panels like those in the Apple 27" or a 2560x1600 30" (economies of scale).
Though I don't think Apple is making a TV, but if they do, it better be a plasma (better picture quality than LCD).
Apple 27" display is 2560x1440 resolution. A 1080P TV is 1920x1080. There is a big difference in cost of the panel. Any 2560x1440 display is going to cost in the ball park that Apple's 27" is in. I paid about $1150 for my Dell U3011 (30" 2560x1600) and I am perfectly happy having paid that for the number of pixels I get. 1080P panels are a lot cheaper due to being easier to manufacturer and the fact that they sell much higher quantities than high-res panels like those in the Apple 27" or a 2560x1600 30" (economies of scale).
Though I don't think Apple is making a TV, but if they do, it better be a plasma (better picture quality than LCD).
iJohnHenry
Apr 25, 07:27 AM
I should hope that nobody performs CPR should someone collapse, since Macdonalds staff aren't medically trained.
No fear of that ever happening either, in the Litigious States of America. :rolleyes:
No fear of that ever happening either, in the Litigious States of America. :rolleyes:
bennettave
Apr 26, 03:39 PM
The usual pattern is to get some small teaser for free ... like I got hooked on the free dropbox and now pay for the 100GB plan because I love it so much
Yeah, a free period or small amount free would be nice in order to find out if it's something you'll continue to use after the first few weeks. Most of the apps I download only keep their flavor about 5 days. I agree that Dropbox is the bomb though. It's iDisk done right - and free to boot!
Yeah, a free period or small amount free would be nice in order to find out if it's something you'll continue to use after the first few weeks. Most of the apps I download only keep their flavor about 5 days. I agree that Dropbox is the bomb though. It's iDisk done right - and free to boot!
ZooCrewMan
Jan 30, 10:32 AM
Apple's stock (APPL in NYSE) has plummeted $68 in the last 30 days (from $198 to $130 or 35%) does anyone know what has caused this? Curious...
-Hart
Simple, it was overpriced.
-Hart
Simple, it was overpriced.
azentropy
May 3, 07:49 AM
Nice update, but I'll still focus on what is most disappointing to me:
- No Matte Option
- Still no wireless keyboard with numeric keypad!
- Lack of SSD options (was really hoping the rumor of a couple of months ago of a small SSD drive for boot).
- No Matte Option
- Still no wireless keyboard with numeric keypad!
- Lack of SSD options (was really hoping the rumor of a couple of months ago of a small SSD drive for boot).
twoodcc
Nov 25, 04:17 AM
By "small render farm", I mean small! It's made up of 6 Dell GX270, running P4 2.4ghz single core, with my MP as the Que controller (Ubuntu via Parallels). But they should working out pretty good for continuous folding for the time being. I'm building 5 dual processor, dual core Xeon servers (all 2.66ghz) to replace the Dells but that won't happen until the end of December (i'm getting ready to move from Japan back to the States in two weeks and I have most of my stuff packed up). Once I get settled back in the States and have the new servers running, I should be able to commit some good firepower towards the team effort.
sounds good.
sounds good.
bdkennedy1
Mar 31, 03:43 PM
I thought I created a word to describe how I feel about this new iCal, but it appears in the urban dictionary. BLORF!
Stella
Apr 14, 03:09 PM
Jailbroken already, albeit, tethered!
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/14/ios-4-3-2-now-available-to-download/
http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-4.3.2-ios-iphone-4-with-pwnagetool-4.3.2-bundle-how-to-tutorial/
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/14/ios-4-3-2-now-available-to-download/
http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-4.3.2-ios-iphone-4-with-pwnagetool-4.3.2-bundle-how-to-tutorial/
strabes
Apr 26, 12:18 PM
I hope MobileMe will be free. Syncing with Google via exchange on iOS is decent but there are too many quirks, like not being able to put in custom fields for contacts phone numbers and email addresses (i.e. John Home), and archiving messages when the trash can button is pressed, etc. Also, I want to move away from google calendar because it has been so unreliable these days. So sick of seeing "Oops, we were unable to save this event. Please try again later" after I just spent 2 minutes typing it all in.
Azathoth
Apr 1, 09:02 AM
The new look gives the appearance of a physical desktop calendar with leather binding along the top edge, and like the iPad application shows remnants of torn-off pages for additional realism.
I'm glad Apple isn't wasting their time on pointless eye-candy that they will tout amongst the 30,000 improvements that Lion will bring. Oh wait...
Apart from the new aesthetics being debatable, there are just so many other things that need fixing in SL (e.g. SMB sharing is terribly slow, random beachballing, the Finder, root permissions changing, wireless network settings messing up after a while++), that I wish they would concetrate on those...
I'm glad Apple isn't wasting their time on pointless eye-candy that they will tout amongst the 30,000 improvements that Lion will bring. Oh wait...
Apart from the new aesthetics being debatable, there are just so many other things that need fixing in SL (e.g. SMB sharing is terribly slow, random beachballing, the Finder, root permissions changing, wireless network settings messing up after a while++), that I wish they would concetrate on those...
nowonder24
Apr 28, 06:10 PM
cases?
Cases?
CASES?
WTF ... who uses cases? And who cares for cases?
If I look at people with their iphones, i see like less than 5% using anything on their phones. And all of them use the Apple bumper on some iphone 4. I've seen hundreds of iphones in the wild, but I still have to see one non-bumper case in the wild.
Grow up guys ...
P.S.: WTF does one use a case for? To make the phone THICKER? UGLIER?
Cases?
CASES?
WTF ... who uses cases? And who cares for cases?
If I look at people with their iphones, i see like less than 5% using anything on their phones. And all of them use the Apple bumper on some iphone 4. I've seen hundreds of iphones in the wild, but I still have to see one non-bumper case in the wild.
Grow up guys ...
P.S.: WTF does one use a case for? To make the phone THICKER? UGLIER?
Eudall
May 2, 06:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
I am a little surprised that there have been no leaked photos or specs or anything (thinking back to the MBP refresh).
I really hope the release is tomorrow though, 5 months without a home computer (I'm a software engineer too!) has killed me.
I am a little surprised that there have been no leaked photos or specs or anything (thinking back to the MBP refresh).
I really hope the release is tomorrow though, 5 months without a home computer (I'm a software engineer too!) has killed me.
No comments:
Post a Comment