stroked
Apr 24, 08:30 PM
Nope.
Have you ever met or talked with someone who is transgender?
If you don't have a daughter, then you don't have a clue.
I have seen some transgenders, and I have nothing to say to them.
Have you ever met or talked with someone who is transgender?
If you don't have a daughter, then you don't have a clue.
I have seen some transgenders, and I have nothing to say to them.

Twe Foju
Apr 20, 01:11 AM
Sorry if i may have missed some info here
but does Apple say that they would not put an integrated GPU for the remaining of their Sandy Bridge line?
which means, as long as they use SB processor, it will be using the HD3000?
because if you guys hate the graphics downgrade, i am sure this is just a marketing strategy, and you can hope to see the next gen after this one to include integrated GPU, hopefully
i am also having a dilemma here on whether to pull my trigger on the current ultimate 13 or the SB, even if i dont play games on laptop anymore ( well the only game i still play on my MBP is EvE ), but i am a greedy bastard after all :p
==== edit ====
sorry just done some research, looks like you cant put any dedicated into SB after all.. what a shame
but does Apple say that they would not put an integrated GPU for the remaining of their Sandy Bridge line?
which means, as long as they use SB processor, it will be using the HD3000?
because if you guys hate the graphics downgrade, i am sure this is just a marketing strategy, and you can hope to see the next gen after this one to include integrated GPU, hopefully
i am also having a dilemma here on whether to pull my trigger on the current ultimate 13 or the SB, even if i dont play games on laptop anymore ( well the only game i still play on my MBP is EvE ), but i am a greedy bastard after all :p
==== edit ====
sorry just done some research, looks like you cant put any dedicated into SB after all.. what a shame

dsensi
May 2, 10:16 AM
OK, guys, I think you are right, touch screens are not the most desirable thing to see in an iMac, although I am sure they will implement it sooner or later, because it has an appeal nowadays to many customers - and it�s up to you if you use it or not. Time will answer this question.
But... what do you think about higher resolution screens? Specially for the 21,5 iMac. I currently own a notebook with 15.4 screen that has exactly the same amount of pixels of a 21.5 iMac (1920x1080). When I use the 21.5 iMac, the large pixel size bother me, while at the notebook pixels are almost invisible, and it�s a great pleasure to use it.
But... what do you think about higher resolution screens? Specially for the 21,5 iMac. I currently own a notebook with 15.4 screen that has exactly the same amount of pixels of a 21.5 iMac (1920x1080). When I use the 21.5 iMac, the large pixel size bother me, while at the notebook pixels are almost invisible, and it�s a great pleasure to use it.

R.Perez
Apr 27, 06:54 PM
I, on the other hand, do have a daughter. And if I saw someone who was obviously transgendered (as opposed to 'obviously pedophile cross-dresser',) I would have no problem with them entering the ladies room at the same time as my daughter.
We don't have the complete story behind the video, just as we didn't have the complete story behind the Rodney King beating video up front; but on the face of it, this is a group of young women beating a transgendered person until she has a seizure. All the while, being egged on by the employees of the store.
Now, if the 'transgendered person' was really just a creepy crossdresser, someone who does not regularly self-identify as female, and exposed himself to the young women, then I would not have a problem with the young women defending themselves. But once it was out in the open part of the restaurant, with the 'offender' on the ground, that person is no longer a threat. And once they leave, any return to fight is purely wrong.
At best, the attackers had a legitimate complaint, and took it waaaaay too far. At worst, they committed felony assault as a hate crime.
Why are you equating "cross-dresser" and "pedophile"?
Also you do realize that gender roles and gender distinctions are purely socially constructed concepts that hold no real barring on reality.
Calling someone "creeeeepy" because they do not fit into your preconceived notion of gender is kind of ****ed up no?
We don't have the complete story behind the video, just as we didn't have the complete story behind the Rodney King beating video up front; but on the face of it, this is a group of young women beating a transgendered person until she has a seizure. All the while, being egged on by the employees of the store.
Now, if the 'transgendered person' was really just a creepy crossdresser, someone who does not regularly self-identify as female, and exposed himself to the young women, then I would not have a problem with the young women defending themselves. But once it was out in the open part of the restaurant, with the 'offender' on the ground, that person is no longer a threat. And once they leave, any return to fight is purely wrong.
At best, the attackers had a legitimate complaint, and took it waaaaay too far. At worst, they committed felony assault as a hate crime.
Why are you equating "cross-dresser" and "pedophile"?
Also you do realize that gender roles and gender distinctions are purely socially constructed concepts that hold no real barring on reality.
Calling someone "creeeeepy" because they do not fit into your preconceived notion of gender is kind of ****ed up no?
AndroidfoLife
Apr 14, 02:15 PM
Phones that are difficult to use are not smart.
No just phones that combine PDA features with a phone are called smartphones. We go by webster not your definition:
Definition of SMARTPHONE
: a cell phone that includes additional software functions (as e-mail or an Internet browser)
First Known Use of SMARTPHONE
1997
You have just been served
No just phones that combine PDA features with a phone are called smartphones. We go by webster not your definition:
Definition of SMARTPHONE
: a cell phone that includes additional software functions (as e-mail or an Internet browser)
First Known Use of SMARTPHONE
1997
You have just been served

firestarter
May 1, 11:32 PM
you guys are really reaching ... Osama Bin Laden is as big as they come as far as Terrorism goes ... that is a fact.
Well, as long as you feel a lot better now he's gone... That's the important thing isn't it?
Well, as long as you feel a lot better now he's gone... That's the important thing isn't it?
Krafty
Apr 13, 02:22 PM
Waiting for Apple Microwave Rev B.
gnasher729
Apr 29, 02:55 PM
Apple pays 70% straight to the record companies, which would be $0.90. If Amazon pays the same, then they have $0.21 loss before they even start. Or Amazon gets different prices than Apple, which would need some explaining.
antpod
Apr 13, 11:26 PM
FINALLY. I decided to either wait for this or the iP5, whichever came first. eff yeah finally! My 3GS broke in January and i've decided to be phoneless for a couple months as an experiment on myself and im soooooooo ready to have a phone again.
andrewbecks
Apr 26, 01:43 PM
I really don't get what the big deal is, even though I have a 24" model myself...come on, you guys are complaining about having three extra inches of workspace? Unless you live in a cubicle, this should be no issue AT ALL.
I am definitely looking forward to buying a 27" one in replacement of my 2008 Aluminum 24", just for the extra horsepower, I/O and better GPU (not that mine isn't wonderful already)...just bring me SB goodness, 1 or 2Tb HDs, perhaps a small SDD for the quickest boot, TB port and a higher-than-average GPU...glossy is fine by me as well :D
I'm with you. I personally like the 27" size, although I wouldn't complain if they introduced a 30" model. :D
I am definitely looking forward to buying a 27" one in replacement of my 2008 Aluminum 24", just for the extra horsepower, I/O and better GPU (not that mine isn't wonderful already)...just bring me SB goodness, 1 or 2Tb HDs, perhaps a small SDD for the quickest boot, TB port and a higher-than-average GPU...glossy is fine by me as well :D
I'm with you. I personally like the 27" size, although I wouldn't complain if they introduced a 30" model. :D
MacVault
Nov 4, 06:28 AM
That native partion support to use virtualization or dual booting would be awesome, having the best of both worlds (Boot Camp & Virtualization). I look forward to it!
YES! That would be sweeeeet!
YES! That would be sweeeeet!
Ivan P
Apr 29, 07:24 AM
The strangest part for me is, that his white iPhone is made of plastic instead of glass - maybe he should buy it at the Apple Store and not on the streets, Mr. "I can measure the thickness by hand, but not detect that it's fricken glass."
They're not talking about the glass screens at all - they're referring to the material on either side of the stainless steel band on the side of the phone (that holds the glass in place). It is most certainly some form of plastic or rubber.
They're not talking about the glass screens at all - they're referring to the material on either side of the stainless steel band on the side of the phone (that holds the glass in place). It is most certainly some form of plastic or rubber.
Otaillon
Jan 31, 12:15 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/img_1259vmsw.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/img_1263bm6v.jpg
:rolleyes:
I searched for one on eBay last week! :eek: Where did you get it?
http://www.abload.de/img/img_1263bm6v.jpg
:rolleyes:
I searched for one on eBay last week! :eek: Where did you get it?

oldwatery
Apr 22, 04:18 PM
I'm confused :confused:
I thought the latest rumor was for the 5 to retain the form factor of the 4 with no redesign till the 6 next year.
I like what I see here and will definitely be a player for it when and if it materializes.
I don't like the 4's thick and heavy look at all so for me this is a step in the right direction.
I thought the latest rumor was for the 5 to retain the form factor of the 4 with no redesign till the 6 next year.
I like what I see here and will definitely be a player for it when and if it materializes.
I don't like the 4's thick and heavy look at all so for me this is a step in the right direction.
ejl10
Jul 25, 06:30 AM
The Might Mouse is the worst piece of crap Apple has ever released. Everyone knows it!
The only reason anyone would buy this thing is because of blind Apple brand loyalty.
That and the fact that it matches my iMac better than any other mouse. But still, I'll use my Logitech wired until Apple can come up with a decent mouse. Form only gets you so far.
The only reason anyone would buy this thing is because of blind Apple brand loyalty.
That and the fact that it matches my iMac better than any other mouse. But still, I'll use my Logitech wired until Apple can come up with a decent mouse. Form only gets you so far.
mmr34747
Oct 24, 09:11 AM
Looking at the 15" models. With the educational discount, is it worth an extra $500 for the 15" 2.33GHz, 2GB Ram, 256MB Graphics. The other model is 2.16GHz, 1GB Ram & 128MB Graphics.
playaj82
Jul 26, 02:02 PM
Have you see the "gestures" video? It would be done by physically touching the iPod. No camera needed.
Do you have a link? I have not seen them.
Do you have a link? I have not seen them.
umbriell
Apr 26, 09:39 AM
Do we think all the intel sandy bridge processors be available? I'm looking for this screamer inside my new iMac: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz.
Matte screen would be a nice option, even if we have to pay for it. Two Thunderbolt ports please (even though they can be daisy chained, isn't there some latency?)
Matte screen would be a nice option, even if we have to pay for it. Two Thunderbolt ports please (even though they can be daisy chained, isn't there some latency?)
SilianRail
Apr 13, 02:41 PM
How dumb do people have to be to think that Apple is going to enter a mature market for a commodity?
AvSRoCkCO1067
Jul 24, 04:26 PM
Engadget has a pic of it on their website:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/24/apples-mighty-mouse-finally-gets-bluetooth/
Looks exactly the same as the present one - with no wire, of course.
I wonder if anything else has changed (i.e. if they improved the right-click recognition or the scroll ball problems)...:confused:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/24/apples-mighty-mouse-finally-gets-bluetooth/
Looks exactly the same as the present one - with no wire, of course.
I wonder if anything else has changed (i.e. if they improved the right-click recognition or the scroll ball problems)...:confused:
jav6454
May 1, 10:14 PM
Mission Accomplished now?
AndroidfoLife
Apr 22, 03:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Is it a bad thing that apple doesn't want to increase the size of the iPhone? There are people who want/accept huge phones but the fact remains that the motorola razr is historically one of the most successful phones and people criticized the iPhone on its realease for it's size.
The majority of the market wants smaller phones. Apple should go after that
Also. Re: innovation. Ever hear of. Um. The iPhone? Or the iPad?
It will add a few more onces and drain a little bit more battery. That is what will happen and that is not a worthwhile thing to apple.
Is it a bad thing that apple doesn't want to increase the size of the iPhone? There are people who want/accept huge phones but the fact remains that the motorola razr is historically one of the most successful phones and people criticized the iPhone on its realease for it's size.
The majority of the market wants smaller phones. Apple should go after that
Also. Re: innovation. Ever hear of. Um. The iPhone? Or the iPad?
It will add a few more onces and drain a little bit more battery. That is what will happen and that is not a worthwhile thing to apple.
Keebler
Dec 30, 09:59 PM
I'm going to just assume you are young and have time on your hands. Because when I was young and had time staying trim was quite easy., Let's talk when you're in your 30's and are a busy professional :rolleyes:
I used to think that too and I was completely wrong. I used 'being busy with work' as a poor excuse. I absolutely regret it.
He's right - it's a simple formula and one that really takes some discipline...that's all. Just a touch of strength.
I'll also add, some knowledge too. Talking to a trainer with a nutritionist background was critical to my success. Understanding what the body needs based on your activity level, rather than what your MIND believes your body wants, is a small, but massively important factor.
ie. on days I work out, I'll have my protein drink and a massive bowl of oatmeal - topped with a scoop of jam and/or peanut butter and some brown sugar. 1. it's got all the glucose I need after working out and 2. it satiates me until mid-afternoon and then I have a normal lunch. I could go on, but I don't want to drag it.
My point is this: I hear you, I was you, but it's wrong. plain and simple. I normally don't tell people they're wrong so pls don't take offense :)
i'm in my late 30s, 2 kids, the stay at home Dad running his own business and I'm in the best shape of my life. My wife is a financial planner running her own brokerage and she's in fantastic shape. If anything, being in better shape, eating right etc... has made my wife EVEN more successful. She has the energy, her mind is sharp and I believe it's because her 'engine' is running tip top. It's like having an old beat up car vs a new super engine cooled kick butt car - which one is going to go further and more efficiently? :)
That's not to toot my own horn, but to say, it is possible. It has to be a lifestyle change.
And hey, it's 2011 - time to make that change :)
Cheers,
keebler
I used to think that too and I was completely wrong. I used 'being busy with work' as a poor excuse. I absolutely regret it.
He's right - it's a simple formula and one that really takes some discipline...that's all. Just a touch of strength.
I'll also add, some knowledge too. Talking to a trainer with a nutritionist background was critical to my success. Understanding what the body needs based on your activity level, rather than what your MIND believes your body wants, is a small, but massively important factor.
ie. on days I work out, I'll have my protein drink and a massive bowl of oatmeal - topped with a scoop of jam and/or peanut butter and some brown sugar. 1. it's got all the glucose I need after working out and 2. it satiates me until mid-afternoon and then I have a normal lunch. I could go on, but I don't want to drag it.
My point is this: I hear you, I was you, but it's wrong. plain and simple. I normally don't tell people they're wrong so pls don't take offense :)
i'm in my late 30s, 2 kids, the stay at home Dad running his own business and I'm in the best shape of my life. My wife is a financial planner running her own brokerage and she's in fantastic shape. If anything, being in better shape, eating right etc... has made my wife EVEN more successful. She has the energy, her mind is sharp and I believe it's because her 'engine' is running tip top. It's like having an old beat up car vs a new super engine cooled kick butt car - which one is going to go further and more efficiently? :)
That's not to toot my own horn, but to say, it is possible. It has to be a lifestyle change.
And hey, it's 2011 - time to make that change :)
Cheers,
keebler
trule
Jan 28, 04:01 PM
This is a ridiculous assessment, based on nothing. Apple now has three growth businesses from which to build, and potentially a fourth. Hardly a company on earth would not envy Apple's potential.
Based on the verdict of the markets it would seem that Apple's potential is not so great...but you know better than that right ;)
Based on the verdict of the markets it would seem that Apple's potential is not so great...but you know better than that right ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment