Friday, May 20, 2011

Socks for spring – Knitty’s Java « Nikki's Notebook

Yesterday morning, I had an appointment before work. I got done early enough that I had some time before work but not early enough to stop home and do anything. So, I stopped at Bixby's for a bagel and drove to work. I'm lucky to work somewhere that has a parking lot with this view:

Breakfast view

I had ten minutes to eat my bagel, sip some of the latte I splurged on, and enjoy a sunny spring morning in Duluth. I love Lake Superior.

Since the Shepherd's Harvest festival, I've been working on the Java socks from Knitty Winter 2011. I haven't done a top-down sock in awhile, and I've never done cabling without a cable needle. It's surprisingly easy!

Java socks

Yarn is from MacKintosh yarns, who had a booth at the festival. Print Email Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment