Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pacquiao Wins Easily Over Mosley

ESPN:
Manny Pacquiao caught Shane Mosley early, then chased him the rest of the night. Not much more he could do against an aging fighter who seemed only to want to survive. Pacquiao won a lopsided 12-round decision Saturday night, retaining his version of the welterweight title in a fight that was roundly booed over the late rounds because Mosley refused to trade punches.
Pacquiao won every round on two ringside scorecards in extending the remarkable run that has made him the most exciting fighter in the sport.
I went in to town to see if any of the sports bars was carrying the fight, but they weren't.  A bartender at one of the bars told me that it would cost them $1500 to buy the fight on pay-per-view.  I thought $54.95 was a lot for somebody to order at home, but $1500?  It seems like a shame to me that boxing has kind of priced itself out of the general sports market.  I haven't caught a championship fight in a long time, and I really like boxing.  Hopefully Floyd Mayweather and Pacquiao will be able to reach an agreement and have a title fight soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment